The best healthy guacamole recipe is so fast and easy. It was created by my husband when avocados were on sale for fifty cents each. Just in case you missed it, November 14th was National Guacamole Day! Never being one to miss out on a fiesta, my family celebrated with this healthy guacamole recipe.
Avocados are packed with “good fat”. The avocado is virtually the only fruit that has monounsaturated fat. Avocados contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are thought to help prevent many chronic diseases.
Avocados act as a "nutrient booster" by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha- and beta-carotene as well as lutein, in foods that are eaten with the fruit.
The Best Healthy Guacamole Recipe
3 ripe large avocados (or 4 smaller)
Juice of one lime or lemon
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 large tomato chopped
1/4 chopped white onion (or more if you like onion)
1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped. (optional)
1. Cut avocados length wise, and scoop out inside with a spoon, removing the pit. Mash avocados in a small bowl, but leave them a little chunky.
2. Stir in rest of ingredients.
3. Serve immediately. If you need to wait before serving, leave one of the avocado pits in the guacamole, and cover tightly.
Serve with baked corn tortilla chips. This guacamole is great to spread on top of grilled chicken, or put into a corn tortilla with grilled chicken, black beans, and a bit of low fat sour cream.
Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
4 corn tortillas
1. Heat oven to 400 convection or 425 regular.
2. Put tortillas on oven rack and bake until slightly golden about 8 -10 minutes.
3. Cool and break into pieces.
4. Dip in guacamole and enjoy.
Holy Guacamole! Do You Like This Recipe?
Did you like this recipe, or have a good story about it? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Want the whole healthy eating journey, recipes, and tips in one easy to read book? Get Tales from the Kindergarten Kitchen: A Journey on How to Feed Your Entire Family a Healthy Diet -- Even If You Can't Cook!